UMP's Fan Box (Facebook)

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Out with the Forums, In with the Blog

I'm going to try a new format for communicating with the Michigan Poker Players who visit the web site and receive e-mail every week. Check here for Tuesday Tourney information: the who, what, when, where, why & how much. Also check for the results!!

Updates about the web site, other web sites, fun stuff and interesting strategy will also be posted here. Comments will always be open and available - so let me know what you think! (Just an aside, I did customer service for over 10 years - it's pretty hard to hurt my feelings, especially if you've got some constructive things to say!)

The forums never really took off. I think the measures I had to take to minimize the spammers made it really user un-friendly. It got to the point where the fake accounts outnumbered the real ones about 4-5 to 1. Still, more time was spent deleting spam from the forums than reading real posts. This spam-stopping time can now be dedicated to the blog!

Want to go back to UMichiganPoker.com? Click here!

No comments: