UMP's Fan Box (Facebook)

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Results for Tuesday March 11 Heads-Up Matches!

Nine players showed up for Tuesday's Heads-Up Battle! Here's how things shook out:

wingnut58 went out first - sorry - I didn't see who wingnut was matched against - please let me know!

LittleRedElf was taken out by MI-Rockstar

ThePunk75 was taken out by S_Kinison

umichpoker was taken out by 1crumb

Tripps111 and spchillin battled back and fourth for quite a while with tTripps111 winning a series of small pots, only to have spchillin come back winning a big pot. Tripps111 did wear spchillin down and take all sp's chips.

After the first round of eliminations, here are the match-ups:

1crumb vs Tripps111
MI-Rockstar vs S-Kinison

Paying four places, it's just a matter of sorting out who gets what!

1crumb fell to Tripps111
MI-ROCKSTAR fell to S_Kinison

Tripps111 & S_Kinison matched up to determine the one overall Heads-Up Champ! After a long, back & forth battle S_Kinison took Tripps111 down. The battle wrapped up about 11PM

Great tournament! Hope to see everyone next week for Stud H/L

Feel free to fill in the details of your heads-up tourney in the comments! I try to get a general overview - but I miss a lot of details.

1 comment:

Tripps said...

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm exhausted. Aside from skipping the first match, it seems I played the longest games. I just uploaded my hand history and I played a total of 219 hands in just over 2 hours. So, that's 100 hands an hour if your counting. Just from a mental-energy perspective, that's huge.

My first round against SPChillin took a whopping 112 hands to decide. SP played a pretty solid tight game, and in my opinion kept me in it by having a bit too tight of a calling range. I was able to pick up a lot of pots either pre-flop or on the flop with small stabs. Finally, toward the end of the match, I took a lead and then took 10 hands in a row. With blinds as they were, SP could not afford to fold that many in a row and I ended up catching a flush to close it.

1Crumb and I have met before. 1's favorite move is to make small continuation bets on lots of flops. Between these small bets and SP's tight range, I'd take Crumb's approach. Against a generally aggressive opponent I like to make a stand early to either a) catch a hand, and a chip lead or b) slow them down a bit. Well, I got b) on the second hand when I bet middle pair into flopped trips...sigh...lock down mode.

For 50 more hands we see-sawed until I finally got 1 to committ with a straight draw. My middle pair held and it was off to the final round.

Kinison and I played just over 100 hands. This was a completely different type of match for me. Clearly Kinison is a good player...very solid, not too tight, willing to follow a bluff and call with marginal holdings...you know, a pain in the ass!

As far as I can see, I never held a lead in this one. When you have two players that are reading well, you need a good-meets-great confrontation to build your stack. We traded pots for most of the match but I started losing my grip on the following hand:

With 65 in the SB I completed the BB and Kinison checked. The flop was 787 and I fired about 1/2 the pot. Kinison made a brave call with A2. The turn was an Ace. I fired half the pot again and now Kinison had something and called again. The river was a five giving me something! So, of course I fired again and Kinison called to take down a large pot and take a 3 to 1 chip lead.

We ended when I turned trips but checked to be tricky. Kinison caught a flush on the river and that's all she wrote.

Phew! What a marathon. Good fun Mich...thanks for hosting.